5 Tips to Keep your Phaco Handpiece Neat
As your Phaco handpieces ages, it is very important to take care of it in order to keep it working properly for as long as possible. No one likes the idea of paying a lot of money for a brand new handpiece, so this is the best way to avoid expensive replacements. Sooner or later your handpiece will reach the end of its useful life, but that will be long into the future if you keep up with its cleaning and maintenance, as laid out by the manufacturer:
- Avoid flash sterilization. Do not rapidly cool the handpiece by immersing in cold bath or a cold wrap. This can damage the crystals and void the warranty.
- Have an adequate number of handpieces so each one is not overused.
- Use a separate sterilization tray for Phaco handpieces instead of putting in eye instrument set or sterilization pouch.
- Remove Phaco tip before sterilization. Do not try to remove the Phaco tip with anything other than the appropriate manufacturer’s supplied tip wrench.
- Clean and flush thoroughly after each use.
Your Phaco handpiece is a delicate surgical instrument containing piezoelectric crystals. Proper care and handling will extend the useful life of the handpiece.
Advanced Optisurgical Inc. is your Phaco handpiece experts We have been servicing the medical community with quality new, refurbished, and repaired pieces for over 20 years. Based in California, we can aid surgeons and other medical facilities across the United States in their quest to have the best pieces and keep them as long as possible. Contact us at (800) 576-1266 today and to learn more about the ways to extend the useful life of your Phaco handpiece.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.